Soft-Starters are static starters that accelerate, decelerate and protect three-phase induction motors. The control of the voltage applied to the motor by means of adjustments to the firing angle of thyristors allows the soft-starter to start and stop an electric motor smoothly.
The SSW07, with DSP (Digital Signal Processor) control was designed for high performance on motor starts and stops with an excellent cost-benefit ratio. Easy to set up, it simplifies start-up activities and daily operation.
The SSW07 is compact optimizing space in electric panels. It already incorporates electric motor protection. It adapts to customer needs through its easy-to-install optional accessories.
The SSW07 adapts to customer needs through its easy-to-install optional accessories. Thus, a keypad, a communication interface or a motor PTC input can be added to the product.
Note: SSW07 Soft-Starter Series were designed for exclusively industrial or professional use.
Protection and Efficiency for Your Application
The SSW07 soft-starter is a static starter, designed for the acceleration, deceleration and protection of three-phase induction motors by controlling the voltage applied to the motor. Compact, it contributes to optimizing spaces in electric panels, and it has all the protections for the electric motor, adapting to the application requirements through optional accessories, which can be easily installed on the soft-starter.
The three-phase voltage control on the SSW07 allows its use in applications considered heavy, such as alternate, centrifugal pumps (sanitation, irrigation and oil), fans, exhausters, blowers, air compressors, refrigeration (screw and piston), mixers, aerators, centrifuges, rock crushers, grinders, woodchippers, paper refiners, rotary ovens, wood saws and planes, ball and hammer mills and load conveyors.
- Currents: 17 to 412 A
- Voltage: 220 to 575 V
- Built-in bypass
- High starting duty
- Total control on the three phases
- Protection of the motor and built-in starter
- "Kick-Start" function for starting loads with high static friction
- Remote or local HMI (optional)
- Input for the motor PTC (optional)
- Operation in environments up to 55 °C
- Extremely reduced weights and dimensions
- Profibus DP, DeviceNet, RS232 and RS485 communication (optional)
- Elimination of mechanical shocks
- Full electronic protection of the motor
- Longer lifespan of the motor and equipment
- Limitation of voltage drops at the start
- Built-in bypass, providing size reduction and energy savings
- Great reduction of the stresses on the couplings and driving devices (gear boxes, pulleys, gears, belts, etc.) during the start
- Operation in environments up to 55 °C (without current derating for all models)
- Prevention of water hammer in pumps
- Built-in electronic thermal relay
- Kick Start function to start loads with high static friction
- Easy to operate, adjust and service
- Monitoring of the voltage of the electronics, allowing backups of the values i x t (thermal image)
- Simple electrical installation
- Switched electronics power supply with EMC filter (110 to 240 V AC)
7-segment LED display, providing excellent visibility of the parameters. It also incorporates the copy function, which allows you to copy the parameter setting from one SSW07 to another, providing programming agility, reliability and repeatability in the manufacturing process of serial machines.
Especially designed to integrate large industrial automation plants, the Fieldbus communication networks provide advantages in the complete, on-line supervision, monitoring and control of the SSW07, producing high performance and great operational flexibility, characteristic required by applications on complex and/or integrated systems.