3.001 up to 50.000 kVA
Reliable and High Performance alternator that can operate at different applications and generating power with the maximum benefit to the customer. The AG10 Line of Alternators offer an excellent cost effectiveness, simple maintenance concept and great performance when continuous, prime power or standby operation.
What is the purpose of a medium power transformer?
Medium power transformers from 3,001 to 50,000 kVA are used to adjust the voltages of the power utility companies to the levels of the consumers in general, or also to adjust the voltage for the operationalization of its own system.
These transformers are customized for each application according to the specific characteristics of each customer's system.
- Designed according to the criteria established by NBR standard 5356 or complying with the specifications of the power utility company and/or specific requirements of each application;
- Usual outputs of 5/6.25, 7.5/9.375, 10/12.5, 15/18.75, 20/25, 25/31.25, 40/50 MVA, in general in voltage classes up to 230 kV, when three-phase (for single-phase banks, this output range may include even higher voltages);
- Voltage regulation made by on-load tap changer (OLTC) and No-Load Tap Changer (NLTC);
- High-performance equipment;
- Step-lap-type magnetic core, resulting in optimization of the noise level and low exciting current, in addition to better natural anchoring of the set to withstand short circuit stresses;
- Conductors covered with thermostabilized insulating paper class E (120 °C), whose special characteristic is to delay the regular aging process of the transformer;
- Usually manufactured with continuously transposed cable (CTC) in low voltage, producing especially lower electric losses and simplifying the sizing regarding the endurance to short circuit stresses;
- External coatings for the harshest environments, upon specification;
- Layout developed to adapt to any configuration (position of the command and control circuit box, radiators, conservator, high and low-voltage bushings, etc.);
- Option of renewable based, ecologically correct, (natural or synthetic ester-based, biodegradable) insulation fluid, presenting high safety level of flammability, with fire point twice as high as the one of mineral oil and self-extinguishing properties, thus reducing the risk of fire propagation.
Market leader in Brazil, WEG is able to meet any requirements for a wide range of applications and configurations.
The verticalization of the manufacturing processes (making the electrical insulating varnish, electric wires, conventional fin radiators, tanks, insulating kits, coatings, etc.) is a remarkable characteristic and advantage of WEG, allowing broad quality control of the different production phases, as well as flexibility of lead times.
A wide network of accredit Technical Assistants is present all over Brazil, ensuring fast, local technical service and support to WEG's customers.
- Industrial substations;
- Power generation, transmission and distribution substations.