Soft-starters are drives dedicated to the smooth acceleration and deceleration of three-phase electric motors, by controlling the voltage applied to the motor. With proper adjustment of the variables, the torque produced is adjusted to the load requirement, thus ensuring that the requested current is the minimum required for starting. The SSW900 is a soft-starter with three-phase motor control, built-in by-pass and torque control. Intended to drive engines from 10 to 1.400 A.
Several Benefits in a Single Product
Combining convenience and innovation, the SSW900 is the right choice for complete motor protection and start/stop control. Developed for industrial or professional use, the new line of soft-starters allows easy and simple access to the configuration settings and data. Using a menu structure, the new interface of the SSW900 line presents an unprecedented experience of interactivity with the user, allowing adjustments and configurations with online parameter help right on the HMI, in addition to event logs with date and time and setup assistant. The equipment also has built-in bypass, which contributes to extending the useful life of the drive, optimizing space and reducing heat dissipation in electric panels.
The SSW900 soft-starters feature a microprocessor, are totally digital, incorporate state-of-the-art technology and are designed to ensure the best performance in the start and stop of induction motors, being a complete, low-cost solution. The operating interface also enables easy parameter setting, facilitating the start-up and operation. In addition, the built-in Pump Control function enables effective pump control, thus preventing water hammer, and the torque control function enables accelerations and decelerations with linear speed ramps.
Centrifugal, reciprocating pumps (sanitation, irrigation and oil), fans, exhausters, blowers, air compressors, refrigeration (screw and piston), mixers, aerators, centrifuges, rock crushers, grinders, woodchippers, paper refiners, rotary ovens, wood saws and planes, ball and hammer mills and load conveyors.
- Built-in bypass, providing size reduction and energy savings
- Ambient temperature up to 55°C without current derating
- Possibility of standard connection (3 wires) or motor inside delta connection (6 wires)
- Inputs and outputs with programmable functions and quick connect terminals
- Different control methods via extremely high-performance algorithms, totally flexible, to meet the needs of any motor start and stop application needs
- Pump control function for smart control of pumping systems
- Advanced techniques to detect faults in the power supply and connections, enabling the user to choose the protection actuation between fault or alarm for full motor protection
- Fire mode (emergency start)
- Oriented start-up
- WPS: free software to program both soft-starter and SoftPLC
- 2 independent slots to connect plug-in modules
- Real time clock
- Fault and alarm log saved with time and date by the RTC
- Exportation of the WPS history to csv file
- Optional varnishing of the standard 3C2 or 3C3 boards, according to IEC60721-3-3
- Modern, flexible and easy to use
- Customizable initial screens
- Monitoring of the variables in graphical mode
- Detachable HMI with USB port
- Copy and download of parameters via HMI
- Parameter help on the HMI
- Four selectable languages